Leading Prescription Drug Rehab Rehab in Thailand
That’s why we offer a holistic treatment program that has been carefully designed to help you overcome your addiction. Drawing on extensive experience in prescription drug addiction treatment, our clinical team will guide you through a well-rounded recovery plan tailored to your specific needs.
Without professional intervention, prescription drug addiction can have a significant impact on your health, relationships, career and overall quality of life. We’re to help you get back on track as you take the first and most important steps on your journey to recovery.
Contact The Diamond Rehab team today for more information about the admissions process or read on to learn more about our world-class prescription drugs treatment programmes.
Prescription Drug Abuse: A Global Epidemic
Many doctors readily prescribe powerful medication to patients who don’t fully understand the potency, side effects and addiction potential of the drug. Prescription drug medication is also regarded as more socially acceptable than other types of drugs, which makes it more likely for users to develop a dependency without realising they have a serious problem.
For those trying to quit prescription drugs, the rate of relapse is high. At our prescription drug abuse rehab center, we’ll work with you to overcome the physical symptoms of withdrawal and help you tackle the psychological factors underpinning your addiction. Taking a holistic approach to prescription drug abuse treatment maximizes your chances of achieving long-term sobriety.
Our Rehab Offers Holistic Treatment for Prescription Drug Rehabilitation
Therapy is an important component of rehab for prescription drug addiction. Throughout your prescription drugs rehab programme, our highly qualified therapists will work with you to uncover and confront the underlying issues that lie at the foundation of your addiction. In these personal one-on-one sessions, we’ll examine the formative moments that led to your medical prescription addiction and show you how your body’s signals – the subconscious cues, cravings and automatic responses – contribute to prescription drug abuse.
Our prescription drug abuse treatment gains deep insight into the inner workings of your mind and body is critical for cultivating healthy behavioural patterns. You’ll learn practical strategies to reduce the risk of relapse and maintain sobriety long after graduating from our prescription drug abuse rehab treatment programme.
Five-star Drug Addiction Rehab with Luxury Facilities
The Diamond was born out of a desire to create a comfortable healing environment that doesn’t feel like a conventional prescription drugs rehab facility. Unlike some prescription drug rehab centers, which tend to offer highly regimented treatment plans, spartan accommodation and uncompromising staff, we wanted to create a luxurious sanctuary that feels conducive to recovery. Creating a comfortable environment that people enjoy and want to spend time in encourages clients to fully commit to prescription drug addiction treatment.
Situated in the mountains of Phuket, our prescription drug addiction rehabilitation centre offers lush landscapes, sweeping views of the ocean and resort-style accommodation, fully furnished with a wide range of luxury amenities.
Medically Supervised Detox: A Key Part of the Prescription Drugs Rehab Process
Depending on the nature of your addiction, our clinical team may recommend starting your prescription drug abuse treatment with a detox. The purpose of a detox is to safely manage the cravings and physical withdrawal symptoms you may experience when you stop taking prescription drugs.
Withdrawal symptoms can vary depending on the medication you have been using, but may include:
- Muscle spasms
- Lack of focus
Drug detox can be both painful and dangerous. Here at our prescription drug rehabilitation center, we offer a comprehensive medically assisted detox programme that ensures the detoxification process is as safe, comfortable and effective as possible.
Our prescription drug rehab detox takes place in a private, controlled environment where you’ll receive round-the-clock care as your body clears the drugs from your system. During detox, our certified medical team will provide you with ongoing support and prescribe controlled medication to ease any discomfort you might experience as part of the withdrawal process.
Our prescription drug addiction treatment team is fully committed to your recovery. We understand that withdrawal is different for everyone, and we’ll always do everything we can to ensure your safety as your body learns to function without the presence of drugs.
Incorporating Wellness Practices into Your Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment & Rehabilitation
Mindfulness meditation is used to undo this learned behaviour. At our prescription drug addiction treatment center, our expert meditation coaches will guide you on a journey of self-discovery as you learn how to strengthen your mindfulness and detach from your thoughts and impulses. During your stay at our prescription drug rehabilitation center, you will learn to be more present, you’ll become more conscious of what’s happening around you before turning your attention inward and exploring the memories, emotions and trauma that originally led you down the path of addiction.
By the end of your prescription drug abuse treatment, mindfulness meditation will be ingrained into your daily routine. Developing a stronger relationship with yourself will allow you to live with more presence and stability, and ultimately reduce the risk of relapse in the years ahead.
What is Medical Prescription Drug Abuse?
– Taking someone else’s prescription medication for a legitimate medical issue.
– Administering a drug in a manner different from that prescribed by a doctor (e.g. snorting injecting, etc).
– Taking a higher dose than prescribed.
– Using prescription medication for its euphoric effects rather than its medicinal properties.
Over time and with repeated use, prescribed medication abuse can develop into a psychological and physical addiction. For example, some patients quickly develop a tolerance to prescription drugs, which means increasingly higher doses need to be taken in order to achieve the same effects, heightening the risk of dependency. In addition, many prescription drug addicts experience intense withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking their medication, making it difficult to completely stop taking prescription drugs.
Inpatient prescription drug abuse treatment protects you from negative influences and triggers, ensuring there’s nothing to distract you from your recovery journey.
What Types of Prescription Drug Abuse do we Treat at our Rehab?
At The Diamond Rehab Thailand, we have experience in treating a wide range of prescription drug addictions. The following includes some of the most common substances we treat at our prescription drug addiction rehabilitation centre:
- Prescription opioids: Prescription opioids such as oxycodone, hydrocodone, codeine, tramadol and fentanyl are commonly used to treat chronic pain. In addition to their pain-relieving properties, many prescription opioids also have a euphoric effect. While prescription opioids are generally safe when taken as prescribed, they carry a high addiction potential. It is extremely common for patients who are prescribed opioids for an injury or illness to develop an addiction to pain medication. Once their prescription expires, many people turn to purchasing prescription opioids from illegal sources or switching to harder and more dangerous forms of opiates such as heroin. Professional pain medication addiction rehab is the most effective way of quitting prescription opioids.
- Prescription stimulants: Prescription stimulants such as dextroamphetamine and methylphenidate are typically used to treat ADHD and certain sleep disorders. Prescription stimulants have a high potential for abuse due to the way they increase activity of dopamine, a neurotransmitter involved in the reward system that drives human behaviour. When prescription drug addicts stop taking their medication, they experience withdrawal symptoms, which can lead to physical dependency.
- Prescription benzodiazepines: Benzodiazepines are central nervous system depressants that are commonly prescribed for anxiety, insomnia and seizures. They work by increasing the effect of gamma aminobutyric acid, an inhibitory neurotransmitter that slows down certain body functions. Users quickly develop a tolerance to benzodiazepines which, combined with the widespread availability of the drug, can lead to addiction.