Eating Disorder Rehab in Thailand, Treatment, Rehabilitation & Recovery for all Eating Disorders
Holistic Eating Disorder Treatment Programmes
The Diamond Rehab Thailand provides holistic eating disorder treatment programmes carefully designed to help you nurture a healthy and sustainable relationship with food. At our eating disorder rehabilitation center in Phuket, you’ll find everything you need to overcome your eating disorder, including world-class facilities, highly experienced clinicians and all the luxury amenities you would expect to find in a five-star resort.
Using a combination of behavioural therapy, nutrition education and proven wellness practices, our team of eating disorder rehab experts will guide you through an eating disorder treatment plan tailored to your unique needs.
Eating disorder rehabilitation is challenging but we want to reassure you that it is possible. At our eating disorder rehab center, we know you’re capable of making great changes and we’re here to do everything we can to make your recovery a safe and comfortable experience from beginning to end.
Contact us today for more information about our leading eating disorder rehab centre or continue reading to learn more about our highly regarded residential treatment programme.
An Eating Disorder Rehab with World-class Facilities
In addition to providing state of the art healthcare facilities, we also offer private luxury accommodation and a full range of modern amenities, including a swimming pool, gym, wellness spa and more. Relax your mind, body and soul while working through your eating disorder rehab programme under the guidance of our experienced clinicians.
We take your privacy seriously. A maximum of 15 patients are allowed to stay at The Diamond Rehab Thailand at any one time, which enables us to maintain a private, intimate environment and ensures our therapists can provide you with a high level of care during your stay at our eating disorder rehab center.
What to Expect from Residential Inpatient Eating Disorder Treatment
Inpatient care is the most effective way of treating eating disorders. Here at The Diamond Rehab Thailand, our inpatient eating disorder treatment offers a controlled environment that enables clients to break free from compulsive behaviours.
By removing the ability to engage in negative impulses – purging, binge eating, obsessive weight checking, etc. – we provide our clients with the freedom to undo deeply ingrained behavioural patterns and learn new, healthier ways of living.
Committing to residential eating disorder treatment also means your progress can be closely monitored. At The Diamond Rehab Thailand, we provide round-the-clock supervision, which allows our therapeutic team to observe your progress on an ongoing basis and make adjustments to your treatment program as needed.
A Holistic Approach to Eating Disorder Rehab
Addressing the physical aspect of your disorder is critical for your long-term health. Our highly experienced eating disorder rehab staff will identify, treat and monitor any physical complications that may have arisen as a result of your eating disorder and provide you with appropriate medication as required.
For long-lasting wellness, it’s important that we get to the core of the issue. Our inpatient programming includes regular therapy sessions in which our highly qualified therapists will work with you to dissect the behaviours, thoughts and feelings that contribute to your eating disorder.
At our eating disorder rehab center, you’ll learn how to normalise your eating patterns, achieve a healthy weight and exchange unhealthy habits for healthy and sustainable alternatives.
Your long-term wellness is our number one goal. You’ll graduate from our eating disorders rehab with a comprehensive understanding of how to live a healthy and fulfilling life without feeling compelled to engage in unhealthy eating habits.
What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders can have a serious impact on a person’s physical health, mental health and overall quality of life. If left to go untreated, eating disorders can lead to serious health problems and may even result in death.
Research shows that eating disorders typically develop during adolescence, but it’s important to remember that eating disorders do not discriminate. They can affect people of any age and any gender.
Eating disorders often occur alongside other mental health issues such as anxiety, depression and alcohol and substance abuse disorders. As a leading rehab for eating disorders, we offer a full range of mental health services in addition to our eating disorder treatment programs, allowing us to properly address the underlying factors that contribute to eating disorders.
It is worth noting that eating disorders are different from disordered eating. The latter is not a formal clinical diagnosis and the severity and frequency of symptoms of disordered eating are usually not as serious as those associated with eating disorders.
Understanding the Causes of Eating Disorders
Eating disorders are complex and often influenced by a range of different risk factors. While the exact causes of eating disorders are still unknown, researchers believe that a combination of biological and environmental elements may affect a person’s chances of developing an eating disorder.
Risk factors include:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Professions that promote thinness and weight loss
- Societal pressure to look a certain way
- History of severe trauma or sexual abuse
- Low self-esteem
Different Types of Eating Disorders
- Anorexia nervosa: More commonly known simply as anorexia, anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder characterised by extreme weight loss and abnormally low body weight. People with an anorexia eating disorder often engage in extreme food avoidance and often perceive themselves to be overweight even if they’re dangerously underweight.
- Overeating disorder: People who live with an overeating disorder (sometimes known as a binge eating disorder) have a compulsion to overeat. They typically eat unusually large amounts of food in a short period of time and feel as though they have a lack of control over their eating habits. People with a binge eating disorder may feel guilty or embarrassed after eating, which further contributes to the disorder.
- Bulimia nervosa: This eating disorder is characterised by binge eating followed by compensatory behaviour such as forced vomiting, excessive exercise, fasting or the use of diuretics. People with a bulimia eating disorder often have a severe fear of weight gain, even if they have a healthy body weight. Bulimia nervosa can cause a variety of serious health problems, including gastrointestinal issues, tooth decay, severe dehydration and heart difficulties.
- Other specified feeding or eating disorder: One of the most common types of eating disorders, other specified feeding or eating disorder (or OSFED, for short) is a lesser-known diagnosis given to people whose symptoms don’t fit the diagnostic criteria of other eating disorders.
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list. Whatever you’re eating disorder looks like, we can help you. As one of the leading eating disorder rehab centers in Thailand, our specialist clinicians have extensive experience across the entire spectrum of eating disorders and have an in-depth understanding of the challenges involved with breaking unhealthy patterns.
We’ll work with you to understand the root cause of your eating disorder and help you make positive changes that lead to lasting results.
Contact the Best Eating Disorder Rehabilitation Center in Thailand
If you’re ready to make a life-changing transformation, we’re here to help. With world-class eating disorder rehab facilities, affordable prices and a highly qualified treatment team, The Diamond Rehab Thailand is the provider of choice when it comes to eating disorder treatment in Thailand.
Contact us today to discuss your options.