Residential Dialectical Behavior Therapy & Inpatient DBT Treatment Programs Thailand
DBT Treatment Program in Thailand
Dialectical therapy forms an important part of our rehabilitation program. Throughout your stay at our DBT treatment center, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in our structured residential DBT program sessions under the expert guidance of our highly experienced therapists. In this positive and peaceful learning environment, you’ll learn how to recognise the negative thinking patterns that contribute to problematic behaviour and develop the dialectical behavioral therapy (DBT) skills necessary to better regulate your emotions.
If you’re ready to tap into the proven healing power of dialectic behavior therapy, The Diamond Rehab Thailand is here to help. Contact us today to discuss treatment options or continue reading to find out how our inpatient DBT programs can help bring a greater sense of balance and stability to your life.
What is Dialectic Behavior Therapy (DBT)?
Dialectic behavior therapy (DBT) is a form of cognitive behavioural therapy. It was originally developed by Dr. Marsha Linehan in the 1980s for people with borderline personality disorder (BPD), but over the years it has been adapted for other mental health conditions and substance abuse disorders. The word “dialectical” refers to the concept that change occurs at the intersection between two opposing forces.
There are three basic assumptions of dialectics:
- All things are connected.
- Change is constant and inevitable.
- Opposites can be integrated to form a closer approximation of the truth.
Luxury DBT Residential Treatment Center Offers the Best Chances of Successful Recovery
Our DBT residential treatment center is located in a serene part of Phuket, a tropical island situated off the west coast of Thailand. From our beautifully appointed private villas to our stunning swimming pool and picturesque location, our luxury DBT treatment center offers all the facilities and services you would expect to find in a high calibre resort.
Entering a place of peace, privacy and comfort eliminates the stressors of daily life and maximises your chances of successful recovery.
What to Expect at our Five Star DBT Treatment Center
As one of the leading DBT treatment centers in Thailand, we understand that everyone is different. Your triggers, motivations and goals are wholly unique, which is exactly why we take a highly personalised approach to treatment that aims to meet the needs of the individual.
DBT treatment is typically delivered in three therapeutic settings, including:
- Group setting
- Individual therapy
- Phone coaching
Each therapeutic setting has its own set structure and goals, which focus on developing the following skills:
- Skill sets
- Acceptance and change
Your initial therapy sessions focus on setting the groundwork for lasting change. In this safe, judgement-free space, we’ll discuss your goals and specific areas of concerns that you’d like to work on and develop a recovery plan tailored to your requirements. Building on this foundation of acceptance and validation, you’ll learn to identify the behaviours and attitudes that no longer serve you, and develop techniques to help you manage powerful emotional states.
What Skills Will You Learn at our Residential DBT Treatment Center?
Dialectical therapy is a collaborative process between therapist and client. At our DBT treatment center, we focus on helping patients develop skills to better regulate their mood and cope with difficult situations. DBT strategies focus on four key areas that aim to help patients achieve greater balance and mental stability.
- Mindfulness: The ability to be present and acknowledge how you are feeling and what is happening in your environment without passing judgement on the situation.
- Distress tolerance: The skill to accept yourself and your current situation in a non-evaluative way. Developing stress tolerance allows you to recognise challenging situations and respond to them in a healthier and more constructive way.
- Emotion regulation: This component is based on the premise that negative emotions are a conditioned response to traumatic experiences. Emotion regulation skills can teach you how to identify and cope with intense emotions.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: The ability to communicate with others. Interpersonal effectiveness focuses on showing you how to be assertive, resolve interpersonal conflicts and ultimately strengthen your relationships.
What are the benefits of DBT Residential Treatment for Adults?
DBT residential treatment for adults can have a profound and often life-changing impact on a person’s life. Here are just some of the ways our DBT retreat can help you achieve your goals and enrich your life:
- Increase your capacity to tolerate negative emotions and stressful situations.
- Learn to accept things that are beyond your control.
- Boost confidence and develop a healthier self-image.
- Learn how to regulate your emotions and manage feelings of stress, anxiety and anger.
- Develop skills to resolve conflicts and build healthier relationships.
- Build healthy and sustainable coping mechanisms.
What are DBT Residential Treatment Programs Used For?
DBT residential treatment programs are commonly used to treat people who have not responded to other forms of therapy or who have been diagnosed with co-occurring disorders. Below are some of the common conditions we treat at our residential DBT program:
- DBT for anxiety
- DBT for depression
- DBT for borderline personality disorder
- DBT for bipolar disorder
- DBT for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- DBT for eating disorders
- DBT for addiction
- DBT for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
How we Treat Substance Abuse at our DBT Residential Inpatient Treatment Center
AT our DBT residential treatment center, we’ll work with you to help you understand your personal strengths and identify certain areas that may need work. Drawing on extensive knowledge in the field of substance addiction, our fully qualified counsellors will guide you through a tailor made treatment program specifically designed to help you overcome the negative thoughts and behaviors that contribute to drug abuse.
The Difference Between Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Dialectical behavior therapy was built on the foundation of CBT and the two therapies share a number of similarities. The main point of difference is that DBT puts a special emphasis on the psychosocial aspect of treatment. Because DBT was originally developed to treat borderline personality disorder – a condition characterised by unstable moods and interpersonal – it prioritises the need for self acceptance and the validation of emotional experiences. Whereas CBT is primarily focused on behavioural change, inpatient DBT treatment teaches you how to accept and manage your circumstances.
DBT residential treatment for adults also tends to be more structured than CBT and more likely to include a group therapy element, which provides an important social context where newly developed skills can be applied.
Holistic Inpatient DBT Treatment for Achieving Long Lasting Wellness
Cultivating healthy and sustainable habits is crucial for maintaining a healthy, balanced and happy lifestyle long after the completion of our residential DBT program.
Learn More About Our Dialectical Behavior Therapy Residential Treatment
Give us a call today to learn more about the admissions process and find out if our DBT residential programs are right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does dialectical behavioral therapy mean?
What are the four modules of DBT?
DBT treatment consists of four key skill modules:
- Mindfulness: The ability to be present and aware of your thoughts, feelings and external environment.
- Distress tolerance: The ability to accept and deal with distress instead of trying to escape it.
- Emotion regulation: The ability to identify dysfunctional feelings and cope with them in a healthy way.
- Interpersonal effectiveness: The ability to communicate with others, resolve interpersonal conflict and develop stronger relationships.
What are the DBT skills?
DBT programs focus on teaching four main skills, with the aim of helping patients learn to identify, accept and modify dysfunctional thinking patterns and behaviours. The skills include:
- Distress tolerance
- Emotion regulation
- Interpersonal effectiveness
These skills are typically developed through a combination of one on one and group sessions, which are usually led by an experienced counsellor.