Anorexia Nervosa Residential Rehab Treatment Center Based in Thailand
Anorexia Therapy Program
Contact us today to learn more about the admissions process or read on to find out how our anorexia residential treatment program can help you develop healthier eating habits.
What is Anorexia Nervosa
Anorexia nervosa, more commonly referred to simply as anorexia, is a serious eating disorder characterised by an abnormally low body weight due to self-imposed caloric intake restrictions.
People with anorexia try to stay as thin as possible and often have an intense fear of gaining weight, despite often being dangerously underweight. To maintain thinness and accelerate weight loss, anorexics may starve themselves, force themselves to vomit after eating and misuse medication such as laxatives and diuretics.
Although people suffering from anorexia may have an unhealthy obsession with what they eat and physical self-image, the underlying problem isn’t really about food. It’s a mental health issue – an unhealthy coping mechanism for dealing with stress and emotional difficulties. Without an effective treatment plan, anorexia can have a severe impact on a person’s physical and psychological wellbeing. While young women are disproportionately affected, it is important to remember that anyone of any age, gender or cultural background can potentially develop anorexia.
Inpatient Rehab for Anorexia
Your wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do. We’ll provide you with the highest level of medical assistance and personal care throughout your stay at our luxury rehab for anorexia, ensuring you have all the support you need to make a full recovery.
What Makes Diamond Rehab Thailand One of the Best Inpatient Anorexia Rehab Centers in Thailand?
- Luxury facilities: At our anorexia rehab center, you’ll find everything you need to start your recovery journey in privacy and comfort, including five-star accommodation options, a swimming pool, wellness spa, world-class medical facilities and more.
- Beautiful location: Your environment plays an important role in eating disorder recovery. Situated in the mountains of Phuket with panoramic sea views, our anorexia treatment center provides a safe and supportive setting.
- High level of care: Throughout your stay, our fully qualified and highly experienced anorexia nervosa treatment team will provide you with the support, guidance and quality care you need to overcome your eating disorder.
- Inpatient treatment: Anorexia residential treatment is more effective than outpatient therapy as it removes you from your usual environmental triggers, allowing you to fully focus your energy on the healing process.
Common Signs You May Need Treatment for Anorexia Nervosa
A person suffering from anorexia nervosa may exhibit a range of physical and psychological symptoms. You may wish to consider seeking treatment for anorexia nervosa if you notice any of the following signs:
- Extreme weight loss
- Preoccupation with food, diet and weight
- Obsession with counting calories
- Purging for weight control
- Distorted body image
- Excessive exercising
- Not wanting to eat in public
- Engaging in in ritualistic eating patterns
- Loss of menstrual cycle
- Wearing layered clothes to hide your physique
How Much Do Anorexia Nervosa Treatment Centers Cost?
The low cost of living in Thailand allows us to offer one of the most cost-effective anorexia residential treatment programs in the world. Our treatment center for anorexia offers resort-style accommodation, fully equipped medical facilities and a highly qualified clinical team committed to your recovery – all at a fraction of the cost of Western anorexia rehab centers.
For more information about our anorexia nervosa treatment fees, please contact our administration team today.
Contact the Leading Anorexia Treatment Center in Thailand
Drawing on extensive experience in the field of rehabilitation for anorexia, we’ll guide you through a tailor-made treatment plan as you develop the skill you need to achieve long lasting wellness. You’ll graduate from our anorexia program feeling strong, healthy and empowered to take ownership of your eating habits in the years ahead.
Speak with one of our eating disorder experts today to discuss treatment options and find out if our rehab for anorexia nervosa is right for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the recovery rate for anorexia?
Can you have anorexia and not realize it?
How do you know if you have refeeding syndrome?
Refeeding syndrome is a potentially fatal condition that can occur when someone who is malnourished begins to eat again and metabolize calories. Common symptoms of refeeding syndrome include:
- High blood pressure
- Muscle weakness
- Abnormal heart rhythms
- Difficulty breathing
Symptoms typically develop within a few days of starting to eat again, although some people do not show any symptoms.
How do you get diagnosed with anorexia?
Doctors use a combination of physical and psychological evaluations to diagnose anorexia. Your doctor may assess your medical history, perform a physical examination and ask about your eating habits. To be diagnosed with anorexia nervosa, a person must meet the following criteria:
- Severely restrict food intake, leading to weight loss and resulting in significantly low body weight.
- Have a chronic fear of gaining weight.
- Have a distorted view of their body and behaviour.